Town of Taos 24 Hour City hall  
Taos History
Art & Cultural District
Town Code
Uniform Traffic Ordinance
Parks & Plaza
Parks and Plaza
Message From Your Chief
Police Public Input
Private Property Collisions
Public Services
Public Works Home
Public Utilities Home
Pothole FAQs
Recreation and Tourist Center
Youth & Family Center
Taos Civic Center
Visitor Center
Taos Municipal Court
Court Home
Court Online Payment
Town Clerk
Town Clerk Home
Public Records
2015 Notice of Town Council Meetings
Utility Billing
Service Forms
Online Payment
Business Registration


Planning Department Licenses and Permits
Get Adobe Reader
  • These forms are presented in the PDF format. Adobe provides a free reader for these forms.
  • All forms will open in a seperate window.
  • SOME of these forms are interactive and may be filled out online. Interactive forms require Adobe Acrobat Standard or Professional to be saved.
  • These Applications MUST be signed and delivered by hand to the Planning and Zoning department with ALL required supporting documentation.
  • Please DO NOT email Applications.

The Town of Taos and Taos County recently agreed to end the Extra Territorial Zone (ETZ) agreement. The ETZ was land adjacent to Town limits that used some Town of Taos services. Under the agreement, the Town managed building projects in the ETZ, using and enforcing codes used in the Town limits. Since the agreement hasd been terminated, all Planning and Zoning outside of the Town limits is regulated by the County. Click here to visit the County Planning web page.

Building Forms

Building Permit Application
Homeowner Responsibility Consent Form
Demolition Permit Application
Grading and Excavating Permit Application
Plan Change Application
Consturction Migration Checklist
HERS Certificate
Alarm System Application/Registration Form* (Interactive Form)

Business and Code Enforcement Forms

Business License *
Special Business Registration Application
Code Enforcement Complaint
Fiestas, Carnivals & Festival License Application
Architectural Review Application Packet
Itinerant Vendor License * (Interactive Form)
Sign Permit Application

Planning Forms

Administrative lot split, Plat Vacation, & Lot line adjustment application
Administrative Permit Application
Annexation Application
Appeal Application
Conditional Use Application Packet
Double Wide or Manufactured Home Permit Application
Mobile Home Planned Unit Development Application
Provisional Permit Application
Special Use Permit Application
Variance Application Packet
Water and Sewer Service Application - Any request for new water or sewer service must be in the form of an owners completed Application for Service available at the Planning and Zoning Department. If fees are not paid for within 90 days after the application is completed, and no building permit is required, the application is no longer valid. When a building permit is required, the service application’s validity is the same as the building permit.
Zone Change Application

Back to Top