Planning & Zoning Commission
The Planning and Zoning Commission consists of seven (7) members appointed by the mayor, with the formal consent of the Town Council. Five (5) of the members appointed shall be residents of the Town and two (2) may be at large. Members of the Commission shall be appointed for staggered terms of two (2) years each. P&Z Commission members may be reappointed for no more than three (3) Consecutive additional terms of two (2) years each.
- 6:00 p.m.
- 1st Wednesday of every month
- Town Council Chambers
120 Civic Plaza Drive
Taos, NM 87571
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
June 30, 2020
December 31, 2018.
December 31, 2018
December 31, 2019
June 30, 2019
June 30, 2019
For more information, email Dinah Gonzales, Planner II / Code Official / Office Manager, or call 575-751-2034.
The Planning and Zoning Commission is comprised of residents with a broad spectrum of expertise, 5 members that reside within the Town of Taos and 2 members at large. All members are appointed by the Mayor with the formal consent of the Town Council.
Duties and responsibilities of the Planning and Zoning Commissioners are as follows:
- To exercise all powers granted to a planning authority or zoning commission by the Town Code
- To review, modify, reverse, affirm, approve, or disapprove all applications with or without conditions, restrictions, or clarifications
- To hold public hearings and recommend changes to the Town Council
- To approve, disapprove, modify, revise and update the Town of Taos Master Plan
- To approve and adopt such forms as the Commission deems advisable