IT’S THE LAW!
BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR, MAYOR AND TOWN COUNCIL
ALL PERSONS MUST
- Wear face coverings at all times when in public
- Maintain 6 ft. of physical distancing at all times in public
- Self-quarantine for 14 days if you are entering or re-entering New Mexico from out-of-state
INDIVIDUALS: $100 in state fines, $500 in Town fines, court costs and up to 90 days in jail.
BUSINESSES: $5,000 in state fines and possible suspension or loss of state licenses to do business, $500 in Town fines, court costs and loss of license to do business.
SHORT-TERM RENTALS: $500 per day per person housed per unit, court costs, permanent loss of your license to do business, revocation of all short-term rental permits, and up to 90 days in jail.
WATER CONSERVATION MEASURES ANNOUNCED
THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS APPLY TO ALL USERS OF TOWN OF TAOS SUPPLIED MUNICIPAL WATER:
- NO outdoor landscape watering between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Outdoor watering is limited to two (2) hours per day
- Outdoor watering of trees, lawns, gardens shall be done on the following schedule only:
EVEN STREET ADDRESSES: Tuesday and Saturday
ODD STREET ADDRESSES: Wednesday and Sunday
- Landscape watering must be done by drip irrigation, sprinkler system, buckets or hand watering by garden hose with controlled nozzles
- Sprinklers must be turned off during days with expected rain or high winds
- NO watering of recreation fields except by private well
CARS AND BUILDINGS
- NO outdoor washing of cars, trucks, buildings, streets or sidewalks
POOLS AND FOUNTAINS
- NO filling of outdoors pools, fountains or ponds
- NO use of temporary water meters for construction purposes
- Temporary meters must be returned to the Town Utility Dept.
- NO filling by any entity from hydrants unless approved by the Public Works Director in writing in advance
- All construction and irrigation projects purchasing water from the Town must use recycled water obtained through the Taos Regional Wastewater Reclamation Facility
- All water leaks must be reported and repaired within 24 hours or sooner or a credit will not be issued and water service may be turned off.
COMMERCIAL CAR WASHES
- Commercial car washes must switch to using their private wells for car washing