Town of Taos Small Business Continuity Grant Application Instructions
OPENS MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2020 AND CLOSES FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2020
The CARES Act provides that payments from the Fund may only be used to cover costs that:
- Are necessary expenditures incurred due to the public health emergency with respect to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID–19);
- Were incurred during the period that begins on March 1, 2020, and ends on December 30, 2020.
The State of New Mexico through the Town of Taos is providing Coronavirus Aid Relief funds to reimburse costs for expenses due to COVID-19.
APPLICATIONS ARE FINAL UPON SUBMISSION, THEREFORE, ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WILL NOT BE REQUESTED OR CONSIDERED EXCEPT FOR THE DOCUMENTS LISTED BELOW.
Who can apply?
- This grant is available to qualifying small businesses with 50 or fewer full-time equivalent employees in the Town of Taos as long as funding remains for the program. The grant proceeds must be spent on eligible “business continuity” expenses. In addition, you may qualify for additional funding for “business redesign” expenses necessary to adopt COVID-Safe Practices, and eligible expenses for both portions of this grant program are outlined below.
- To be eligible, your company must be headquartered in New Mexico and either have been forced to close or severely curtailed business operations as a result of closure orders from the state and have an annual revenue of $2 million or less prior to the impact of COVID-19. The business must also have had a start date of March 1, 2019 or prior.
- For-profit businesses headquartered in New Mexico.
- Expenses being claimed are for a business that is physically located within the Town of Taos limits.
- Retail, manufacturing and service industry businesses will receive priority.
Who is not eligible to apply?
- Businesses headquartered outside of New Mexico
- Businesses exceeding 50 full-time equivalent employees
- Businesses with annual revenue exceeding $2 million
- Businesses that started after March 1, 2019
- Businesses that were not forced to close or had severely curtailed business operations as a result of closure orders from the state
- Professional corporations, government entities, foundations and non-profits
What documents are required?
- Completed application form (submitted online)
All documentation listed below are required upon execution of the grant award:
- Certificate of good standing
- Copy of your payroll to include March 1, 2020
- Most recent payroll at time of application
- Documentation of March and April 2019 total gross receipts
- Most recent taxes documenting net taxable income
- Unemployment insurance tax documentation for the fourth quarter of 2019
- Completed W9 Form
- Voided Check or Bank Letter with Account/Routing Info (if applicable). Payments will be made directly into the small business bank account. By providing us this information, you certify that the information provided is correct and you authorize the municipality to initiate credits for corrections to the financial institution.
What expenses will be covered?
- Non-owner employee payroll
- Scheduled mortgage payments
- Reconfiguring physical space
- Installing plexiglass barriers
- Purchasing web-conferencing or other technology to facilitate work-at-home
- PPE for employees
- Temporary structures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19
For questions regarding this application, please email Lynda Perry, Grants & Revenue Development Director at the Town of Taos, email@example.com. Please allow 10 business days for processing after the submission deadline.
Applicants must be aware that applying for this grant may result in not being eligible to apply for other federal grants.
Funds will be provided on a reimbursement basis. (Grantees must submit clear copies of invoices and proof of payment. This is required for federal audit purposes.) (Documentation regarding payroll expenses will be required.)